like locals do
Experience Cali from the local perspective, staying at a place right in the heart of Roosevelt Avenue.
Roosevelt26 Studios is the perfect blend of affordability, location, style, comfort, accessibility, and authentic experience. Easy access to Downtown, San Antonio, parks, bars, restaurants, and bus stations. TV, cable, laundry machine, high speed WiFi and breakfast included!
Newly decorated, the studios offer large windows with views of Ave. Roosevelt and Cristo Rey, and takes in lots of light. The studios are located on the fourth floor and the rooftop and some have their own private balcony with garden and art mural.
They all have a Private Bathroom, Full Sized Bed, a Desk for Laptop work, Dining Table, Couch, Table and Chairs, Fridge, Kitchenette (with pots, pans, and utensils) for cooking, Fans, TV, Cable, WiFi, Breakfast included and Free Coffee at our partner restaurants.
Staying here gives you the ability to see Cali from a local’s perspective. Traditional markets, bakeries, and Salsa clubs are all within walking distance. Public transportation is right around the corner (actually in both directions) and catching a cab couldn’t be easier.
All of the best parts of Cali are nearby, and for the price, this studio can’t be beat. See the Neighborhood Guide for more details.
Old San Fernando is one of Cali’s most traditional and well organized neighborhoods. Palm trees and Mango trees line the streets, along with a host of businesses catering to all of your needs.
Located in Comuna 19, this is where old meets new – where you can find traditional marketplaces for fruits and veggies, and a mix of new modernized hospitals and shopping centers.
Public transportation is available on the famed Calle La Quinta (5th Street) and can take you to the far south of Cali (UniCentro and Valle University) rapidly. The MIO operates on a designated bus line in this area and makes for fast rides. The closest MIO station is “Manzana del Saber”.
As well, there is nothing in Cali that you can’t get to from Old San Fernando. Downtown, Historic San Antonio, La Paola Tradicional, parks, recreation, and plenty of nightlife. There are plenty of Salsa spots in the neighborhood, so be sure to bring your dance shoes!
Within immediate (5 to 10 minutes) walking distance you can find the following:
- MIO Bus Stations
- Science Center and Jorge Garcés Borrero Library
- Panaderia Paola Tradicional – One of Cali’s oldest and most famed bakeries
- La Galería Alameda – One of Cali’s most popular market places for fresh foods. This market is also packed with restaurants offering a range of regional Colombian dishes and is a great way to taste the flavors of our country.
- Alameda Park – Cool park know for the old schools salsa clubs and fish food restaurants for lunch.
- Soccer Stadium Pascual Guerrero
- Parque del Perro (Dog Park) – A nice park situated in a square block surrounded by numerous restaurants and bars.
- Loma de la Cruz Artesanal Parque and Shops
- Bank, ATM and Convenience Store across the street
- Salsa schools: Son de Luz, Swing latino
- Salsa clubs, bars and restaurants
Short cab ride (5-8 minutes) or longer walk (15-30 minutes), you can find the following:
- Colonial San Antonio Neighborhood
- Churches of San Cayetano and San Antonio
- Historic Downtown
- Municipal Theatre of Enrique Buenaventura
- San Francisco Plaza
- The Gold Museum
- La Merced Church and Archeological Museum
- La Ermita Church
- CaliWood Film Museum
- Sebastian de Benalcazar Overlook
- Gato de Tejada (Cat Park) featuring beautiful cat statues
- Cali River and It’s newly designed Promenade
- Plaza de Caicedo – the old literal center of the city
- Urban hiking trails to the Las Tres Cruces (The Three Crosses)
- Las Canchas Panamericanas – A sporting complex which houses everything from basketball courts and olympic-sized swimming pools, to softball fields and indoor velodromes for cycling, as well as track and field areas and more.
- El Peñon – Nice and a little bit high end neighborhood, with a lot of options for lunch, dinner and bars.
For longer distances where specialty public transportation or taxi’s will be required:
- Cali Zoo – One of the best Zoo’s in South America (10-15 minutes)
- Bus Terminal Serving all parts of Colombia (15-20 minutes)
- Menga Bars and Night Clubs (20 minutes)
- Cristo Rey – Cali’s famed Jesus statue overlooking the city (20 minutes with light traffic)
- Andoke Butterfly Foundation (20-25 minutes)
- Pance River Recreation Area (25-30 minutes with light traffic)
- Kilometro 18 – A nice break from the heat up in the mountains. Hot chocolate with cheese is the specialty served here (30-40 minutes)
- Sugarcane Museum (1hr – 1.5 hours)
- Calima Lake (2 – 2.5 hours)
- Nirvana Reserve – Located in Palmira, close to the airport, is an amazing reserve with a great variety of plants, flowers, birds and astounding views.
We offer complimentary breakfast at our partner, Paola Bakery, just a few blocks from the building. 2 options, american or vegan.
Coffee or Tea
We offer a complimentary cold brew coffee or guayusa tea at our partner, PAO Bakery Cafe, the first time you visit them.
Airport Pick up
When you STAY at Roosevelt26 for a MONTH or longer. You'll get a great rate anyways, count on Don Hector for your transportation in the city.
Come practice at Yoga Vida with Camilo Garcia and get a free class for first timers. Inhale. Exhale.
We offer a complimentary gym pass at our partner, GYM PRO, just a few blocks from the building. Come and train for a day for free.
It doesn't matter if you arrive too early or too late, check in anytime on your own getting the keys from the lockbox with the code I give when you book.
Free to use once a week.
* If you need it more than once, it would be US$10 each extra load.
Pick up and Drop off
Airport Pick Up or Drop Off Option:
* Taxi Service Available for COP$60,000
Studios are located on the 4th and 5th floor. Someone may be there to assist you.
Water comes out at room temperature. But Cali is hot and cool showers really quench the heat. If hot water is an absolute must have, please contact me to see about installing an electric water heater for you.